Monday, January 26, 2009

40 going on 18

I woke up this morning a year older. I didn't notice it though. Seemed like another ordinary day to me. Got lots of great birthday wishes from friends old and new. That is the only difference today.

On friday, the weather spiked to a warm 35 degrees. So I went home after work and decided to run. I mean I got to go outside and run. I failed miserably. All I can think about was I was exhausted and had virtually no energy to run. I tried pushing on, but there wasn't much I could do. I ended up walking most of the run I had planned. I took the weekend off and rested.

Tonight, I will hit the Gym and start working again. Don't worry Mike, I ain't quitting on ya. Did have a couple slices of Pizza this weekend and a couple beers. Was awesome, I think you have to give in to your cravings every once in a while.

But back to the whole 40 thing.... Umm I don't feel 40. I feel 18, and ready to take on the world. I think I just might... :)

1 comment:

Winnston said...

Stan, it sounds like you really needed a break. Whatever you do, don't let yourself get burned out on the excercise program. This is about the rest of your life, not next month, right?

I remember having a couple of workouts like you described. One of my last runs before my first 10k last year was a 6 miler, and I burned out after 3 miles that day. Not sure what happened. Think it was humidity or poor sleep. It was just a bad day. You have to forget about those.

How many days are you excercising? I am doing 3 or 4 days a week. That is a good balance for me. It's what I can do. If that is not enough then it is still better than nothing.

As for the pizza, I have it every friday in my house. I hold it to 2 pieces. I agree that you cannot completely deny yourself the things you enjoy. You are having them them less frequently and in moderation. Good plan. Something that you can do for the rest of your life.