Monday, August 12, 2013

2 Miles....

Yes, I reached the 2 mile mark. Not fast at all but I did reach it. I figure speed will come in time. For now I am just enjoying the ride.

I went to the doctors and he took me off one of my Blood Pressure medications with the stipulation that I have to check it a couple times a day, under stress and what not. So I know where it really is. So far we are still in the normal range so keep your hopes up!

Running is getting easier and days off are starting to bother me. It's hard to NOT run now. I even take walk breaks at work and walk about 1/4 mile 2 or 3 times a day. (can't be gone too long). The other day it rained so hard it turned into a 1/4 mile run :) I didn't even break a sweat and I wasn't breathing hard at all when I got back in the office.

I love my garmin, I love being able to see what I did and why I slowed down/sped up. I am keeping a pretty steady pace now as well. But I would like it to be faster but again, that will come in time. It's only been 7 weeks, I am running 2 miles, what more can I ask for. Yeah I know i could be going further but I don't want to risk another 3 years for it. I like not hurting all day :)

Just wanted to check in, will post more soon.....


1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey